Here are some key points to consider when you choose breast prostheses for swimming:
- Material: These prostheses are typically made from silicone or other materials that are water-resistant and can withstand the effects of chlorine or saltwater without deteriorating.
- Shape and Size: Swimming breast prostheses are designed to have a natural shape and appearance, with varying sizes and profiles to match the individual's body and preferences.
- Weight and Buoyancy: These prostheses are designed to have a similar weight and buoyancy to natural breasts, ensuring that the wearer maintains a balanced and comfortable swimming experience.
- Comfort and Movement: The design of swimming breast prostheses takes into consideration the range of motion needed for swimming strokes, allowing wearers to move naturally in the water without discomfort or restriction.
- Swimsuit Compatibility: Many swimwear brands offer specialized swimsuits with pockets or built-in compartments to securely hold breast prostheses while swimming.
- If you're interested in obtaining a breast prosthesis for swimming, it's recommended to reach out to a prosthetics specialist from Leila O'Toole by Elleran, for guidance on selecting the right prosthesis and ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable swimming experience.